2 YEARS IN THE MAKING
Jon Renau’s exclusive Evolution collection specifically for women with permanent hair loss.Created in collaboration with clients who have alopecia, this line represents years of research, investment and testing. Understanding the unique needs and prefrences of women with complete hair loss is what makes the Evolution Collection so exceptional.
Application, Removal and Care Guide
EVOLUTION CUSTOMIZING KIT INCLUDES:
Jon Renau Duo Tracing Pencil, Jon Renau Pinking Shears, Jon Renau Red Adhesive, Jon Renau Blue Adhesive, Lace Let Go Adhesive Remover, Jon Renau Wide Tooth Comb
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED ITEMS:
Canvas Block Head, T-Pins, Short Bladed Sharp Scissors, Cotton Swabs, Fabric Measuring Tape, Jon Renau | Easihair Human Hair Care Kit, Boar-Bristle Round Brush, Paper Towel, Elastic Hair Band, Plastic or Metal Hair Clips
PREP & STYLE
1. Measure your head according to the measuring guidelines. The Evolution cap is designed for a "petite/average" head size. It is very important that your cap fit well. Please speak with your alternative hair specialist for other sizing options.
2. Put on the wig and pull the hair into a ponytail. Clip any shorter layers if necessary. Check that the ear tabs are level and that the lace front is centered. Use your Jon Renau Duo Tracing Pencil to mark where you want to cut the hairline on the Swiss lace front. If any areas of the polyurethane need altering, also mark them at this time.
THE POLYURETHANE AND LACE FRONT ARE THE ONLY AREAS OF THE CAP TO BE CUT.
3. Remove the wig and turn it inside out. Use your Jon Renau Pinking Shears to cut the Swiss lace front along the line you marked earlier. Be sure to line up the blades as you trim to ensure an even pattern.
4. If needed, use regular scissors (sharp, short bladed scissors are best) to cut carefully along the markings on the polyurethane. Make sure to pull the hair away as you cut the polyurethane.
5. Use a damp cotton swab to gently remove any markings left from your Jon Renau Duo Tracing Pencil.
6. Place your wig onto your head to check the alterations. Be sure the lace front matches your natural hairline. If you need to make a second adjustment, repeat Steps 2-5.
7. Remove the wig from your head; be sure your skin and the cap interior are clean and free of oils or makeup. Adhesive strips can be cut to a desired shape and size using small scissors. Apply red adhesive strips to the polyurethane and blue adhesive strips to the lace front.
8. Remove adhesive strip backings and gently put the wig on your head. Check to make sure the wig is in the correct position before applying pressure to the adhesive strips. When the wig is in center and in the correct position, gently press on each strip from the outside of the wig and hold for 10 seconds. Finish any minor styling if needed.
9. To remove your wig, pull the hair back into ponytail or clip it back from the hairline. Lightly mist 2-3 pumps of Lace Let Go onto a cotton swab. Rub the cotton swab under the cap at the temples where adhesive strips are applied and gently lift. Release both sides before releasing adhesive on the lace front.
10. Once the adhesive strips have been released at the temples, gently slide the cotton swab underneath the lace front, starting at the outer corners. BE CAREFUL NOT TO PULL OR STRETCH THE LACE. Continue gently rubbing the cotton swab underneath the adhesive strip until it completely releases. Remove the wig from your head.
11. Peel adhesive strips from the cap interior and discard. Mist 2-3 pumps of Lace Let Go onto a small area of a paper towel to clean off any excess adhesive on the cap interior. Gently wipe off excess Lace Let Go before storing the wig.
12. We recommend washing and completely drying your wig every 6-8 wears, and always before long-term storage.
1. Jon Renau recommends using new adhesive for every wear.
2. Use small pieces of adhesive strips for an easier removal process.
3. Take care to not pull or stretch the Swiss lace front. It is very delicate.
4. Before using any new products (Lace Let Go, Blue or Red Adhesive, etc.) on your scalp, perform a patch test by applying a small amount of the product to skin on your inner forearm. If you notice a reaction to the patch test, you may have an allergy or sensitivity to ingredients or materials in the new products.
WE RECOMMEND WASHING YOUR HUMAN HAIR WIG EVERY 6-8 WEARS
JON RENAU DOES NOT RECOMMEND THAT YOU COLOR OR PERM WIGS
1. Before washing your human hair wig, gently remove any tangles with your Jon Renau | Easihair paddle brush or Jon Renau | Easihair wide tooth comb
2. Fill sink with cool water and submerge wig. Emulsify a capful of Jon Renau | Easihair Argan Smooth Luxury Shampoo into the hair
3. Gently lather the hair with shampoo while making sure that the hair is traveling in the same direction. DO NOT rub hair as this may cause tangling
4. Rinse thoroughly in cool water until the water runs clear
5. Apply Jon Renau | Easihair Argan Smooth Luxury Conditioner, avoiding the base cap of the wig (applying conditioner to the base of the cap may weaken the knots)
6. With your fingers, work conditioner through the ends of the hair for about 3-5 minutes
7. Rinse thoroughly in cold water until the water runs clear
1. Wrap wig in a towel and gently pat to remove excess water
2. DO NOT use a brush to detangle your human hair wig while it is wet, gently use your Jon Renau | Easihair wide tooth comb
3. Use Jon Renau | Easihair Argan Smooth Treatment Mist to speed drying time and smooth hair without weighing it down. Spray 3-5 pumps on to clean, towel-dried hair, focusing on the bottom half of wig
4. We recommend using a blow dryer (medium to medium-high heat) to style your human hair wig
5. Using a boar-bristle/nylon round brush, work through hair in 2î sections starting at the nape. Work in a downward motion to ensure the hair stays smooth. Blow hair dry completely, directing the hair in the shape you want to style it
1. It is recommended to use professional grade heat styling tools with digital temperature settings to control heat
2. Your styling tools should be set no higher than 350* F to help maintain the integrity of the hair
3. Spray Jon Renau | Easihair Heat Treat Thermal Spray on to each section as you heat style to protect Eair. Work in small sections (1-2 inch) starting at the nape
4. Jon Renau | Easihair Versatile 3-Way Hair Spray works great to help hold your finished style. Adjust the nozzle to "L" for low, "M" for medium hold, or "H" for high hold, depending on your needs
5. When curling your human hair, you can use small metal clips to hold each curl while cooling for a tighter, longer-lasting curl. For a looser, more natural looking curl, allow curls to hang while cooling
TIP :: DEEP CONDITIONING
1. In your hand, blend together about 1 Tbsp of Jon Renau | Easihair Argan Smooth Luxury Conditioner with 3-5 sprays of Jon Renau | Easihair Argan Smooth Treatment Mist
2. Apply to bottom half of hair, using your Jon Renau | Easihair wide tooth comb to distribute throughout ends, keeping away from the base
3. Cover the wig with a plastic shower cap and leave in for a minimum of 20 minutes. (Can be left on overnight for a more intense treatment)
4. Rinse wig thoroughly in cool water until water runs clear